Wednesday 9 May 2012

Tutorial: Clive

My tutorial today with Clive was alright I spose. Good thing he reminded me about the formative assessment this Monday otherwise I would have forgot (which means I need to get up to date on that sketchbook). Seeing as I'd just brought all my paper samples over in a box they were all layered out on the table which led to him suggesting that I display it all up on my space's walls, as it wasn't showing anything in a pile and you couldn't really see the woods through the trees, which I agreed. But after doing that, which really helped, all I got from him to work on is to pick out my favorites and work from them. What was an interesting suggestion was that I could try adding patterns to one side of paper and then folding it to see how  that works out, which could look good. After thinking about that I realised I could screen print some patterns on to paper to use, which could introduce my screen printing back that I love. After playing a little more I need to think of what to make as a final piece. Not sure what yet as I'm now worried that making a dress could become troublesome and not work out as I hope. My other ideas that I've thought of or have been suggested are a headpiece, a wall piece or a lamp shade. Just totally unsure at the moment what i'm going to finish with but hopefully I know after the formative assessment, I need to talk to Mel.


No comments: