Wednesday 23 May 2012

Colour Prints

Colour print samples

Busy day today. I have been in the textile workshop all morning which always means it's been a great day. I've been testing new colours and binders for the print on my dress. As I'm looking at a lace type theme I want more eligant soft colours. When discussed with karren we both agreed that I'll mix up (My first time mixing print paint with pigments, whoo! exciting :D) an off white and a pale greyish pink (unfortunatly the pale greyish pink looked more of a blackcurrent yogurt color but was still nice). I printed with these plain colours and thought about what kind of binders would work best for my eligant look. I was first thinking of a gloss but decided that the pearl binder would be the nicest and printed the same colours with this pearl effect.




I also got to test out the new water colour. I wanted to see how the paper would react to the print and also see how it'd look with the print and then folded, just to check that they are not too overwhelming with different things but it's blends right in together. They look very swarve!

Just need to consider how big I want my folds to be as I need to think about how big i'm going to need my paper and how much I'm going to want to enlarge my print by.

No comments: