Sunday 20 May 2012

Paper Headpieces Samples


I started making head pieces with my samples. I made sure to use nicer paper than the basic paper i was using for sampling. I started simple to begin with and attatched a clip to one side of my folded piece. It wasn't as easy as I hoped to glue together. I had to glue the folded piece into the shape, glue a paper tab around the top part of the clip and then glue the paper attached to the clip onto the top part of the piece. I found while making these that I'm going to need a stronger adhesive, I'm thinking about looking into a hot glue gun.


Here is a nice picture of me wearing my first head piece attempt: 


After making one I looked at different variations I could do with this one piece. I layered two of them, one on top of another and glued them together before attaching the clip. I also tried layering three different sizes.



I also used one of my "fan" like samples I made with my Doilies into a head piece but instead of a simple clip I attached it to a piece of ribbon that was fixed to a piece of elastic ribbon that I measured to perfectly loop nicely around the head. I positioned it nicely to sit on the right side slightly off centre from the top of the head, creating a nice folded paper decorated headband.

No comments: