Wednesday 16 May 2012

Tutorial: Clive & Pressed Metal Bar


which he convinced me it'd be too complicated and "jumping in at the deep end" and told him that I'd like to start making head pieces from my samples or sholder pieces. While disregarding what I said went on and on about making necklaces out of them, which I dont want to make, and adding metal to the paper pieces. He picked up one of my samples and described how if I repeated this one sample and fixed them together that i could make this chunky folded tube into a necklace. I don't think he got the idea that i was totally disinterested in this idea but was very persistant that I do what he says. On the other hand it was an interesting idea with the combination of paper and metal and i'me sure if i did want to use metal and make jewellery it'd look nice. He then took me into the metal workshop with Rich and went on explaining what I should do and picked up this metal alluminium bar that was pressed under the steel press to make indents along it saying that I could make this to use as the part that goes round the neck and then insisted that I go into the workshop after the tutorial to make this, which I did.


Today I also went into town to purchase some metal hair clips so I can fix my paper samples to for head pieces. I also bought ribbon and elastic ribbin to make head bands for my head pieces that I find won't be fixable to clips.

No comments: