Tuesday 29 May 2012

Dress Construction (Part 1)

Monday and today I've been working on the construction of my paper dress. I started on my pile of printed sheets and folded some big squares into my chosen folded structure. I also began with the top half of the dress. I wanted to have folded top half but nothing too complicated that would pull away from the skirt. From my drawings I had designed a dress with vertical folds and have deside to replicate this for my dress. I'm finding making this dress really complicated to put together as paper doesn't want to mold to the human form as easily as hoped but I seem to be getting along alright with test pieces first to figure out the shape and then translate it onto my printed paper. I worked out that I am going to have to make this in two pieces. I am glad to say finished shaping it into the form for the fornt and back parts as I found them (especially the back) rather frustrating. The bottom part isn't very nice with slits to bend the paper but hopefully the skirt will cover that up. All I need to do now is glue the top half together. I'm a bit reluctant to fit it right now as once it's glued it's not going to come off till after assessment when I'll have to cut it off (which is a shame) and if Kate askes for the dummy back before assessment I'm screw and will have to break it apart to give it back and I'm not sure whether I could fix it back together, especially if i've already dont the skirt. So fingers crossed I don't need to give it back.




No comments: