Monday 21 May 2012

Paper Print Tests


After my feedback I felt like I knew exactly what I am doing and that I can completely flow with my ideas. I began with ideas of what to print on the papers to fold and considered the shapes I've produced with the structure. I thought that if I could covered the top of one of my paper samples with paint and I'd be able to print the zig-zaggy crosses onto the paper but as it is quite a flexible sample I struggled to get a clean print of the pattern so I recieved this scattered marks. I folded this up into the folded structure and I dont think this works as it I think it takes away from the folds.


When I applied the paint to the sample to print with it left black lines along the folded parts that I thought it could be interesting to see the lines more straightly painted on a sample. I folded a structure and unfolded it and painted black lines along the folds to see the outcome and I think It looks quite classic but I'm not sure it really gives the feel of delicacey or a lace like quality.


I looked back at my ICP module and considered the print patterns I made during this section of work. I thought about that I could use the paper cut out pictured prints as these were lace inspired print and would be best fitting with my current work showing a natural elegance to add to the structures of the dress. I dug out some old prints I had and folded them to fully picture the outcome. I felt these best linked to my work, combining something I previously made in print with my paper structures.


At the time I was thinking between the cut out prints and the painted folds. I liked them both that thought that I should see what they'd look like if I combined the print and the lines. When I finished I found that these really don't go well together and I definately wont be using this.

No comments: