Tuesday 15 May 2012

New Paper Samples

After my Formative assessment I went straight back to work and carried on sampling, I'm still looking for new and interesting 3D structures I can fold and make out of paper.

Last week I found a book in the library 'Folding Techniques for Designers' containing loads of nets and instructions for creating interest folded pieces. I took it upon myself to flick through every page and anything that looked challenging I attempted, Leaving me with a pile of new and exciting samples to add to my others. These samples are different to my first lot as with these I created them using only one sheet of paper, whereas my previous bunch used a few sheets and were glued together to form structures. There are certainly some good ones in here and maybe even my most favorite.




My next plan is to start making head pieces looking at all of my samples. not completely sure that I should do my initial dress idea as it may be too much of a challenge that I can't complete in time.

No comments: