Tuesday 8 May 2012

Paper Samples


This week other than finishing writing my cultural studies essay I have been playing with paper and sampling. There are already some that are showing potential and that I am becoming drawn to than the others.
For most of my samples I have played with the Lotus fold Becky Adams showed us, which I have repeated, twisted and modified to create these grids of folds.

 

I found that by even turning them around and seeing them from different angles some of the samples can give a look so much different and give a different pattern.


After just playing with normal paper I moved onto making similar and new patterns using paper doilies. I think the paper doilies give it a more feminine delicate look compared to the sharp straigh patterns made with the normal plain paper. I think now I'd like to play with different papers, with different patters and textures.


I've also briefly used patterned papers to sample with to discover their outcome. I was interested to see if the technique would be lost if the paper was printed. I used graph paper for it's web like print and wallpaper to find out how the sample would look with pattern on one side of the paper and to also see if it was a usable material for this process.

No comments: