Wednesday 12 March 2014

Op Art Line Drawings

The patterns of line drawings i did influenced me to try drawing with lines on illustrator. I can get a crisper line and a greater contrast between black and white. Again each line drawing influenced the next line drawing showing progression of my pattern making. I noticed that some of these drawings showed signs of Optical illusions, much like Op Art. I looked at Op Art and Bridget Riley's work as found a similar style. Some Op Art uses only black and white as the contrast between the two colours is greater than any other, allowing the illusion to be visually stronger. I found out that my Op drawings are similar to periodic structure Op Art. Periodic structures are defined by a function that repeats the same values at regular intervals, as the variable increase and decrease uniformly.

 

No comments: