Friday 28 March 2014

Tutorial: Anna Lewis

Anna Lewis gave me some interesting suggestions in my tutorial. With my problem using woven materials and that they are fraying she told me that when using synthetic fabrics if I were to cut them on the laser cutter the heat would melt the plastic content and seal the edges. This is another process for me to try.  

She gave me a list of suppliers of materials for which I should look at. Also recommending that I could look at Tyvek as a material, apparently it’s a mix between plastic and paper where it will have the qualities of paper but does not tear and can be stitched, folded, cut and dyed. She was insistent on me trying leather and helpful with with how I should handle the leather and the types of needles I would need to sew into leather and that I possibly need thinner leather to create a crisp fold.

No comments: