Thursday 13 March 2014

Artist Research

I've spent a week looking at artists that use both repetition of line and form that apply it to the body in an adorning manner. I specifically chose these artists because I believe they show similar themes to my own that I am trying to achieve. I've focused on applications that are on the upper half of the body that sit or hang on the shoulders. By looking at these artist's and their work it will inform my own samples and how I could apply my ideas/samples to the body. I began my research looking at Bea Szenfeld, specifically one of her items where she had created a long string of formed paper and wrapped it around the wearer's neck creating a statement piece by it being so large. From looking through the range of images I had collected I can find two types of styles within my choices. The first is that they use folds to create form from one flat piece and the second is that they use repeated patterns in long strips to create the piece. All of the artists I've looked at fall into either of these groups but all using different materials and in different ways. I have them all collected in a pinterest folder.

No comments: