Thursday 20 March 2014

Tutorial: Lisa Porch

I had a tutorial with Lisa Porch, we began by looking at my artist research. She was able to distinguish between my choices of folded forms and strips of shape. We discussed the progression of samples that I could take with my project. By looking at my artist research we brainstormed some ideas for samples to make. We focused on samples that involved using strips of patterns and combining them into a finished piece. I'm going to look at fabric manipulation books and see how they can transform strips into shapes and form. I’m going to look at Ruth Singer's fabric manipulation book focuses on ribbon folding. I will return to Paul Jackson’s folding techniques for paper and enquire how I can translate these techniques into a fabric like material. We briefly discussed materials as I was unsure about how to handle leather. I'm not scared to use it now as I am aware that I can leave the edges clean cut and seams out.

No comments: