Monday 4 March 2013

Tutorial with James

My tutorial with James today was very insightful. He looked at my proposal and picked up on some points that I shouldn't pin myself down with my outcome and leave myself room to wiggle and explore different ways of producing my ideas instead of just making a flat quilt. My trip to the first cut exhibition could open up a range of ideas that contrast to my proposal.

I really need to develop some imagery from my images I've collected. I need to go out and draw things related to my themes. From these images I can then continue to sample. I'm going to attend a workshop with him tomorrow for drawing with images.

I will continue to research ad look at magazines like Vogue and Elle to look at current trends that relate to my themes. Apparently folds in clothing is really fashionable right now so it's a great opportunity to find some great research from fashion designers. I was recommended to look at designers like Maison Martin Margiela  and Issey miyake.

No comments: