Wednesday 20 March 2013

Tuck Foot and Elastic Thread

I have been in the workshop and using the tuck foot to play with patterns of lines with small tucks. I preferred the gaped tucks in small groups to the block of lines as it showed a more reoccurring pattern of lines that looked better than a continuing set of lines. I also introduced elastic thread to my stitching and made some crinkly effects and scrunched it up with the tuck patterns. This could be interesting with some laser cut fabric. I then tried the elastic thread with different stitch patters to see the effects I the different stitches. I picked a favourite stitch and used it like the tuck to make lines of scrunched up tucks. I liked this stitch as it had threads going across the lines that were quite nice and better than just the plain lines.







No comments: