Thursday 28 February 2013

Gravity: Anna Lewis

We had an amazing lecture from jewellery maker Anna Lewis. Her work encompasses images and found items related to myths and superstition. I liked most about her work was her photography work. Even though she doesn't take the photos, she goes to great effort to find items, clothing, hair & make up, location and models to show her jewellery and display a theme or story within the imagery. This was very inspiring and I loved every image she produced. I wish I could work on such projects as of setting up the imagery for photos or film. Set designing reminds me of my foundation work where we had to create an installation. It seems very similar where I had to create this setting of a bedroom. I loved every moment of the production. After the lecture I had a short question with her in a group tutorial about what you need to consider when producing sets for photography. Not only do you have to organize the location you also have to consider the models, hair & makeup, clothes and props. It's a lot of source work, but it's the kind of work I enjoy.

No comments: