Monday 27 June 2011

Summary

My final installation follows my proposal fairly closely as i've tried to stick to my origanal plan and work around any problems I was faced with. I always planned to have a bedroom piece in the same style as "My Bed" by Tracy Emin, but to extend this with a physical representation of the dreams and distress around the room. I feel that the paper lace has come together to show this really well as its many loops and twists, along with all the the intricate detail within the chains themselves showed the complex nature of dreams. I also think that the quilt has come together well, each patch showing a different person sleeping with different dreams in each patch. This shows the variety of dreams and how each dream is individual even with some similarities. The floor piece was not in my proposal as I added this idea later on when I was planning my installation, follwing on from the lace patterns I had been using throughout the design of the room. The floor piece is not as clear as I had hoped in my original idea however I think the faded patterns do give more a dream like feel. I also think the way all of the designs are linked with the use of lace helps to bring it all together and show that its somewhere between being awake and being asleep. The film has been a challenge although I think it has turned out well, I like the way the tv in the corner of the room integrates the film into the dream like state of the room, by showing a few dream sequences and the music behind them it is part of the not quite sleeping and not quite awake theme of them room.

No comments: