Sunday 12 June 2011

Adding the Bedding

I wanted to make the bed look used and give an impression of a restless sleep. First of all I knew i needed a matress, a sheet, a blanket and a pillow(s). It was unrealistic to get a matress into my installation, so i decided that an airbed would be a suitable replacement. I put the airbed on the bed frame and the sheet on the airbed. I then wanted to use the pillow, blanket and my quilt to make the bed look as though it had been slept in/was being slept in. To do this I looked over my images of people in bed to see what kind of shapes and positions the quilts and pillows were left in. This gave me some idea of how to make the bed look messy, I placed the pillow, blanket and quilt on the bed in the same way they were in some of the pictures. This helped to create the restless atmosphere I was after.

No comments: