Monday 3 January 2011

Monika Jarg and Transparent House


Monika Jarg a textile designer creates "carpets of wood" by drilling holes into panels of wood and weaving directly into them with fibers. I've found this an interesting to decorate something as simple as the floorboads beneith you. I surely hope that when I have my own house with floorboards I would try this out. This idea reminds me of some of Claire Coles work where she'd drill into tea cups and sew flowers or messages into them, creating these sentimental and delicate tea sets.
http://www.tekstiilruumis.ee/indexeng.html


While I'm looking at floors I've also found this, this beautiful new concrete flooring from san francisco’s trasnparent house team. They’ve created a way to add these soft floral patterns to polished concrete flooring either doing the pouring or after the concrete has set. I think it's absolutely beautiful how they've added detail to the flooring without taking away from the simplicity of the style, also how something so eatheral as nature is forever inprinted in an industrial styled concrete floor. Ok floorboads are quite uncommon in mondern houses, so this will be what I want instead.

No comments: