Friday 18 January 2013

Fabric Dyeing & Screen Printing

I've been producing some screen printed samples to test out the best use of my print design. As my Idea for my quilt is to print onto a dyed fabric of my natural colour themes I started with dying some fabric in preparation. I also dyed some plain colours to test for subtle printing. I mixed up some paint for the green and brown and printed on the same plain coloured fabrics and I really like the subtle addition the prints give rather than something incredibly bold. I also did a streaky print of green and brown on a light green dyed fabric, where I splatted brown on the screen with a normal print of green giving it a subtle hint of colour change in the print. I really like this and want to try it with the yellow i want to mix up and on the multicoloured fabric.

No comments: