Wednesday 13 November 2013

Pattern Drafting Bodice (Attempt 3)

I have completed my third attempt of pattern drafting keeping in mind what Nancy had advised me. I rolled over the 1 1/2cm seam allowance twice and stitched them down before stitching the darts and shoulder straps. The edges were flat and there was no puckering of the fabric. However I found rolling the edges first to be difficult to line everything up accurately, especially with the darts. I did some research on garment construction and watched some instructional videos demonstrating the steps to making a garment and I found that finishing the edges was the last job. I will have to revisit Nancy about this and just see what she says as I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I could try rolling it twice after stitching it together. I also found that there were different types of ways of finishing edges and I may have to do some research sampling some to find the best suited for the different parts to my bodice. I did how ever find a way of holding the edges down without pins to stitch them. I pinned the edges and ironed the folds, I then could take the pins out to stitch.




No comments: