Tuesday 7 May 2013

Tutorial: Mel

My tutorial with Mel today was helpful. She made me feel at ease about the worries I was having about making a wearable piece from my folded fabrics. She reminded me that if I want to do something I just need to try and make it, instead of resisting and doubting myself. It's just like last year when I wanted to make a paper dress she told me to just get on with it and do it anyway and it worked out. I realized as She started saying it that that was going to come up. She helped me out with some diagrams for starting ideas for my skirt or shoulder piece. She also mentioned that I can try to combine my folded forms and tuck lines together in the item. This is great because I was worried they had been lost and left out by me concentrating on the folded forms. what I need to do now is draw and design wearable objects with the samples.

No comments: