Monday 13 May 2013

Stitch Tests

Looking at adding colour to my folded pieces I worked on testing different types stitch on the folds. I tried stitched along different lines to find out the out come. The pink lines that follow the top of the folds seem really obvious and takes away from the crisp fold, making them softer. The blue lines that follow the inside zigzag folds are hidden amongst the folds and are hardly noticed. The yellow lines however I really like as they are straight lines dissecting the folds and tie in with my use of straight repetition of lines. The yellow straight lines are my most successful stitch test. I also tried a combination of all three on one folded sheet but it looked a little crowded for what I wanted as I'd want it to be subtle. I quite liked the combination of pink, blue and yellow, it reminds me of the CMY colours. I tried to use neon colours in relation to my white to keep to a bright and vibrant colour code, also neon additions are very popular right now.



No comments: