Wednesday 15 May 2013

First Cut Exhibition

Today I went to an amazing paper exhibition in Nottingham. The first cut exhibition showed a range well known paper artists. I had seen most of the work in books but it was so much better seeing it in person.

The most related thing to my work that I saw was Susan Cutts' and Violise Lunn's paper dresses as I'm looking at adorning items. These were amazing hanging in mid air. They looked somewhat haunting as they were shaped like they were being worn. The exhibition showed a range of was in which you can make and display paper art. There was cuts, sculpture, clothing, installations, short film, and wall pieces ranging for really small to a whole room.

It was so amazing to see work in real life that I've been inspired by and admired from inside books for so long. There wasn't a piece there that I didn't like. It was if the exhibition was tailor specifically for me. After looking at all this paper work it made me miss working in paper.
 
Susan Cutts

Violise Lunn

Andrew Singleton

Claire Brewster


Andrea Mastrovito

Laura Cooperman

Nicola Dale

Chris Jones

Manabu Hangai

Peter Callesen

Su Blackwell

Rob Ryan

No comments: