Thursday 8 November 2012

Textile Mark Making

I joined the first years today int he textiles workshop for some mark making. I wanted to try these processes for 3DSP anyway so it was good that I got the chance to tag along.

I revisited dysperse dyes again as a resist with photocopied images. Where the photocopied image was on the sheet it wouldn't pick up the dye. I experimented with my hexagon prints and layering.


I also got to return to procion dyes as well but by painting it onto screen and using binder to transfer the image onto a fabrics or paper.


I tried emulsion printing that I've been waiting to attempt for a little while now. Printing onto fabric or paper using emulsion paint as a transfer. I reused my hexagon photocopies and looked at how different colours effected it.


I'd like to try some of these techniques again but with my own drawings of leaves.

No comments: