Thursday 1 November 2012

Digital Print and Stitch

I was certainly looking forward to this in digital print and stitch workshop for a while now. With a digitally prepared image we were able to transfer it using the software onto fabric using the special fabric print. Very much like when I photocopied onto fabric in foundation, except this time it'll be way more permanent. I had mine printed on assitate which made the image really faint. I should have probably picked silk.


After trying printing we got to have a go on the digital stitch sewing machine. The machine was instantly able to stitch text so we each had a word stitched out. I could think of a word relevant to my work yet so I just had my name stitched. It was the most beautiful text ever. My name should always be written out in stitch.

No comments: