Wednesday 25 April 2012

Tutorial: Clive


My tutorial today with Clive has left me more confused with where to start on my CP1 module. After looking over my previous work and telling him of my paper dress idea it was decided that I shouldn't instantly draw towards the finished piece of a dress but look at a skirt, parachute, umbrella etc. kind of form. It was also suggested that I look into:

  • types of workable paper to use
  • finding stronger and permanent bonding for paper
  • different folding techniques - origami?
  • While also considering constructing the circular structure

I'm not really sure where to start now, all I've been able to do is look for other artists that use paper to create clothing. I've not really been inspired to shot off into work, just unsure where to start. Hopeful my tutorial with Mel tomorrow is better.

No comments: