Monday 23 April 2012

Becky Adams & Workshop


Today was the best way to start a term, with a nice little workshop to get our creative juices pumping again. We started with a lecture from Beck Adams, a book and textile artist, whose work is amazing, showing themes of stories and a love of her family past, made from found objects and materials and with the use of stitch she creates book pieces.



Afterward we had a work shop where we were given a matchbox and the use of a table full of materials to create a tiny book to go in the box. Every one raced for materials and quickly scurried off to their spaces to get started, all with new and exciting ideas in their heads. As it was my first day back in Hereford still missing home and inspired by Becky's lecture of her family, I decided to make something personal and sentimental as I've never had the subject matter to do so and have always wanted to. After grabbing lots of paper that I liked I found I pulled out very similar colours of creams and pinks, two colours I've found myself drawn to many times before. I kept the outside over the same as I liked the idea that it's a hidden message for someone to find.



No comments: