Sunday 8 May 2011

Initial Ideas for Quilt

When making patches for a quilt I looked at Vicky Lindo’s for its lucid stitch and appliquéd textile that show simplistic childish fantasies. I want to look at the stories of dreams that I had acquired from a survey I sent to everyone at my college.

My original idea is that I'll use the results from my survey as of existing dreams to use as ideas for the dream patches on my quilt while referring to Vicky Lindo's hand-embroidered pieces as a style for how the patches would look.

Thinking of patch ideas I came up with other types of patches I could include in my quilt plan, adding patches of sleeping images and text of dream quotes. I realised I'd need a boarder and looking back to my resources in my research folder I took inspiration from Jane Dunnewold's Baby quilt to have text stitched around the patches on the boarder instead of patches of text.

No comments: