Monday 2 June 2014

Making Display

My plastic sheets arrived today for making my display. I got them cut down to fit in the laser cutter at Folly campus and carried them to the workshop at CRC campus to cut out the body shapes on the bigger laser cutter in that workshop. I change my mind on having the hole distinguishing the waist and the arms etched and instead cut it out so that the shape of the body is more obvious and i was worried that if it were etched it wouldn't be as noticeable. I also decided to go with having my logo and name in the bottom corner as I like to see the branding spread across every part of my work. It was a nice feeling to see my name etched out onto the plastic. We had a problem with the letter D in my name with trying to get the space inside the 'D'. After a few attempts to fix it I got there in the end.


No comments: