Thursday 5 December 2013

Notched Tucks and Fold Samples

During some time around my work experience I managed to find a couple of hours to think about my creative samples. I revisited some of the previous techniques I had done before. I considered my paper to fabric folds I did in my last project and attempted to redo it to spark some ideas. I was thinking about the lines of tuck I could do, that still relates to my linear imagery for this project. I wanted to retry it but instead putting in notches within the tucks to form shapes in the lines of folds. Putting in small triangle and long trapezoid notches that matched up to form triangles that together look like diagonal diamond pattern. However the quality of the tucks is some what lacking, a problem I've always found when making notched tucks. It's a process I'd not want to be using on my clothing.


No comments: