Tuesday 16 October 2012

Low-Relief Embossing and Clay & Print

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today was a busy day with two workshops in one day. My first workshop for embossing and print was good. I didn't know what I was expecting when I arrived but I enjoyed it. I got to use the vinyl cutter which was new. We decorated blocks of wood with vinyl cuttings, sand blasted them to give them definition and used them to emboss paper with Roger using the Albion press. Afterwards we added paint to our blocks to print with again giving this really awesome print.



After lunch I went to the clay and print workshop as well but once it was explained I realized it was certainly not what I wanted. I thought it was going to be screen printing onto clay, when actually it was pushing things into clay, slips and oxides, digital transfer and printing using object. I know for sure now for certain that I don't want to do this for 3DSP. I still have to write about it in my technical file and be done with it.

No comments: