Monday 15 October 2012

Tutorial: Kate

My first tutorial of the year, with Kate, which was helpful as I had my images and inspiration but didn't know where to go with it. After briefly saying about that I found the samurai armor and plants outside interesting and that I was thinking of combining this together. I mentioned that the armor reminded me of a quilt with its layers and that I was thinking something stitched. She referred me to quilt samples as being an art piece and that I should look at them as well as , surface pattern and print. That I should refer to my floral images for inspiration.

I also got to talk about my 3DSP proposal as I was worried about what to put and showed her my rough ideas. She looked through and pulled out what I probably didn't need.

After my tutorial I made a couple of quilt samples where I stitched hexagon grids into wadding sandwiched between cotton fabric.

No comments: