Wednesday 23 October 2013

Pattern Drafting Bodice (Attempt 1) Part 3

I have finished putting together my first attempt of pattern drafting and clothes making. I have stitched the shoulder sections together and stitched the edge over for a clean edge. During making this sample I have found that the neckline is too small to fit your head through. So on my next drafting I will ensure that the hole is bigger to accommodate that. If I was to have the neck line this size I would need to add a way of making it bigger and smaller to take on and off, like a zip or hooks and eyes. I checked the arm holes and they fit nicely. Next time when drafting I will have to consider the placement of where the garment will need to be opened and closed. After examining existing clothing, it will either go on the side or at the top on the back, but because it's not a very flexible fabric the side is probably the best location in order for the waist line to fit over the chest. I also will need to provide more seem allowance around the edging as I struggled with the pins in the sewing machine. I think next time I might like to try fixing the edge better with a over-locker to get a better finish. When stitching the edging and shoulders I didn't arrange for the directions the darts will be pointing on the inside as this effects how the seems look on the outside. I sewn the opposite with inwards and outwards so it looks a bit muddled. I will need to have the darts to point inwards so the front parts are more prominent to the sides. I have learnt so much from this first attempt and it has been really informant on what I will need to do for my next sample.



No comments: