Tuesday 21 January 2014

Adding Colour

I've been exploring the addition of colour to my samples. I am mostly interested in my sprouting fold samples, so I have chosen to experiment with colour on these. I have considered adding colour to the whole fold to stand out from the rest of the adorning item, colour on the outside leaving the inside of the fold blank and colour on the inside of the fold leaving the outside blank. I think the addition of another colour is really interesting and adds another layer of texture, picking out the form in the fabric. I was most impressed with how the colour on the inside turned out. I liked how from some perspectives you can't see the colour but also see the colour reflect on the white fabric, almost like a glow. I quite like this addition to my work that it changed from the different angles in which you look at it. I believe its the same with the form too, that the way it looks can be changed from the angle you are facing it. I only screen printed these with a stencil so the print quality is quite poor. For the real thing I would have a screen exposed to get a perfect print of colour.




No comments: