Wednesday 29 February 2012

Tutorial: Clive

I had a tutorial today with Clive to discuss the themes and first steps of development to get the ball rolling with my drawing stage. I needed this tutorial as even though I could see the relation between my images I'm unsure on how to start this I obviously described my relation to my images and what I felt the theme of them is revolved around my love of lace and that I've collected these images because they each show a manner of interlinking forms. It was easy to see that I have understanding that of my theme in a variety of areas.

Looking at my images he picked out that there are similarities in which each shows a web of patterns but also there were contrasts with some as there were a mixture of natural and geometric patterns within my images.



When asking about starting my drawing he described to me that I should look at the patterns of my images, attempt to creat paper cut outs looking at the different natural/geometric shapes and think about layering. After this I could move onto how I could do this with string.

No comments: