Thursday 31 March 2011

Film Planning

Looking at results from surveys I have found 12 common dream themes that people have:
  • Flying
  • Falling
  • Being Chased
  • Water
  • Public Nudity
  • Searching for Something
  • Being Trapped
  • Back at School
  • Getting Lost
  • Car Problems
  • Travel
  • Death
From my survey results, film research and watching a documentary on sleep and dreams (Dreams: Cinema of subconscious) showing through out a variety of beautifully made dream shorts, I decided on some film ideas:
  • Reversed Smoking
  • Being Followed or Following Something
  • Being in the Woods
  • Traveling
  • Doppelgangers
  • Flying/Falling Stopmotion
  • An Array of Different People Walking Through a Room With Someone Without Them Realising
  • Transitional parts between the footage
After more planning and working out what is possible for me to do aswell as all my work I cut down on all the more time consuming and difficult ideas. I got rid of the flying/falling stopmotion as this would take me the longest and would leave me with no time for my other work. I also didn't want to have any traveling footage as I've already worked with the theme of travel in film. I have combined being followed or following something with being in the woods, giving a narrative to a possibly dream area. I needed something for them to follow and looking back at my previous project where i left trails of string on journeys i went the opersite way by following a trail of string.

No comments: