Tuesday 6 March 2012

Textile Ideas for Lace Making

I visited the textiles studio to talk to Becky about if she know anything about lace making (which was unlikely) but if not about any alternative I could use/look in to. It was suggested that if I can't make lace I could certainly make something using lace. After talking it over I was given a few ideas I'm certainly interesting in sampling. I could:
  • Expose a screen with lace and print the pattern
  • Use the knitting machine to create a similar effect of open weave
  • Stitch into water soluble fabric
  • Learn how to crochet
  • Burn into fabric
  • Finger knitting
All very interesting ideas to start me off on, I'm certainly thinking of attempting to stitch into the water soluble fabric and see what effect I can get from that.

No comments: