Saturday 10 March 2012

Cultural Studies: Landscape and the Natural World

Last week in Cultural Studies we had a lecture about the Myths of the Landscape and how we perceive it. Afterwards we were given the task to in groups look at what we relate to the natural world and how we'd make a creative piece about it. When we got together we started listing word and agreed that we should make something that we could do individually and then bring together to form one piece. We all chose seperate parts of the natural world (Land, Water, Sky, Plant and Air) and base a small strip of paper on it. I then stitched them together to create this one collective piece.


At the lesson we presented our piece to everyone which was agreed it is good and certainly shows the areas of the natural world. It was picked out that it also looked quite religious/biblical with the shape of the long panels and the themes that relate to 7 days of creation where God created the sea and the land.


I got the new brief for the cultural studies essay where we have to write an essay based either on Landscape and the Natural World or Travel and Tourism along side a creative piece of work which reading over it totally scares me at the moment as I have no ideas on what I'm going to be writing about, I certainly need a one on one tutorial before I can even start this.

No comments: